Crafty Moose gone wild!

Welcome to the Ticklish Moose blog!

Be sure to visit my webstore for some great freebies, as well as Ticklish Moose merchandise:


http://www.ticklishmoose.com/

Creative License

Creative Commons License
All Shown On This Blog by Ticklish Moose is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.ticklishmoose.com.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Button, button....

who's got a button?  ME! 
As usual- it's been a busy few weeks.  I helped my daughter get moved into her new apartment, fixed up a few frames for new apartment, helped pick new furniture for new apartment, and on Sunday I will (probably) help hang frames and shelves in new apartment. (whew!!)  So who on Earth has time for any crafting?? Well.....ME!

Kinda.

I have been fascinated with buttons of all kinds for a long time, and as you can imagine, I have a fairly substantial button collection.  So it seemed a natural progression to make a few of my own!  This go-round I am using Premo` polymer clay, but I'm pretty sure I will try my hand at a few wooden buttons before it's all said and done.

 This group of buttons (and a heart-shaped pendant or two) is from one small package of Premo`.  I experimented with a few different kinds of cutters and embossing tools to get a feel what worked and what didn't.


Here is what I found so far:
  • actual 'cutters' work best
  • stamps or embossing plates with deep, small impressions give the best detail/results
  • use a toothpick or fine knitting needle to poke the holes
  • poke the holes from both sides




I used Stazon black ink to highlight (is that the correct word?) the detail on one button after it had baked and cooled, then painted it with latex paint from one of those little jars I told you about, and lightly rubbed the wet paint back off to show some of the black details through the blue paint. 
I plan to try a few more paint and topcoat combos on the rest of the buttons in a few days when I have a little more time to get out "the works" and play.
I'll be sure to show you the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's keep it kind :)

All My Best

Telling People What I Think For 40+ Years!!

Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com