Crafty Moose gone wild!

Welcome to the Ticklish Moose blog!

Be sure to visit my webstore for some great freebies, as well as Ticklish Moose merchandise:


http://www.ticklishmoose.com/

Creative License

Creative Commons License
All Shown On This Blog by Ticklish Moose is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://www.ticklishmoose.com.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

Trellis Something Good

I don't want you to think a week has passed that a project has not been started or completed at our home.  In fact I was just thinking the other day that more days than not you will probably find a nail gun instead of dinner on the dining room table.  We had some exceptional weather this past week, and we took full advantage of every single day of it!  It won't be long before it will be too hot for me to be outside after about 10 AM.

I'm sure if you have a garden, or even a patio you have priced a trellis.  They come all shapes and sizes, and of course price ranges.  We have a large shallow garden area on the lower patio/fire pit portion of our back patio that had bushes at one time, but we found it hard to keep them from encroaching on the patio itself.  We decided to tear out the bushes and add vines- primarily evergreen varieties that would keep the leaf debris cleanup to a minimum.  And let me add that the space gets the full Texas sun all afternoon.  I honestly get fed up with publications that show amazing gardens grown places like Washington state!  It takes True Grit to garden here as well as a modicum of masochism! 

Our trellis needed to be over 10 feet long and 5 feet high!  We are so fortunate to have been able to recycle cedar scraps from a work project!  I still plan to add some vertical strings to help coax the vines to fill in.  My son cut out, sanded and assembled it since my husband still does not have use of his arm.  I think it turned out great!

 
 I also took advantage of the shade from our large oak tree in the back yard to work on and paint an old chair.  I should have the project fully completed for the next post! (pending no continued rain-out)

Here is a peek:





A pic of my kitty enjoying the catnip I planted for her



And to keep with our wood/fence/outdoor theme today here is a great free background for your personal use


And to all the Moms out there- Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's keep it kind :)

All My Best

Telling People What I Think For 40+ Years!!

Blog Advertising - Advertise on blogs with SponsoredReviews.com